The JEAN MONNET activities of the ERASMUS+ programme include 6 actions aiming at enhancing education and research excellence regarding European studies in the world.
These activities are implemented in order to stimulate the dialogue between the University and policies of the European Union.
Priority is given to European integration and of the Europe’s role in the globalization era, as well as active citizenship as a dialog between European people and culture.
Activity 1: JEAN MONNET modules
What is it?
The modules aim at providing more information and knowledge about the EU to a larger public and at facilitating the access to EU affairs.
Only can apply Higher Education Institutions settled in any country of the world. But if the institution is settled in a Programme Country, it has to hold a valid Erasmus Charter for Higher Education.
The modules objectives are to:
- Enhance research and first education experiences for young searchers, scholars, and teachers about European affairs
- Rinsing interest about European Union and build bases for future knowledge hubs about European questions
- Foster the introduction of a European angle into certain fields of study
- Deliver tailor-made courses on specific EU issues relevant for graduates in their professional life
- Foster the publication and dissemination of the results of the academic research
What type of activities?
Modules are implemented through activities such as:
- A general or introductory course on EU issues
- A specialized teaching on EU developments
- Fully recognized summer or intensive courses
A module must last 3 years and have at least 40 teaching hours per academic year. The 40 teaching hours required include group lectures, seminars, and tutorials, including in a distance learning format, but not individual instruction.
From EMC, we encourage all of you to submit some projects under the different ERASMUS actions and to write us at email@example.com for receiving our help and support if needed.
Moreover, if you want to be informed on all different calls from European programs that finance projects related to the thematic of the ERASMUS+ PROGRAM or any other kind of calls for education and good practices, you can register you to our European observatory and find those calls which best fit with your organization or project in 2017.
Claire Annic – Trainee European funding consultant in EMC