The Key Action 3 of ERASMUS+ is entitled: “Support for policy reform”
The objective of this action of the ERASMUS+ program is to contribute to the achievement of the objectives of European policy agendas, in particular of the Europe 2020 strategy, the strategic framework for European cooperation in the field of education and training (ET 2020) and the EU strategy for youth.
Participating in this Key Action, the organizations will contribute to improve the quality of the education and training of the youth in Europe, will allow a transnational learning, set bases for the elaboration of cooperation politics and, finally, will establish networks in order to apply them.
Organizations will contribute to improve the participation of young people in political life through 6 opportunities:
- Structured dialogue.
- Civil society cooperation: youth.
- Civil society cooperation: education and training.
- Initiatives for policy innovation.
- Comprehensive policy frameworks for continuing Vocational Education and Training
- Support for small and medium sized enterprises engaging in apprenticeships
This post aims at explaining the first opportunity for the Key Action 3. You will find more information on the others key action in our next post.
- Structured dialogue
It’s about meetings between young and responsible of decision makers in the field of youth.
What is it?
The objective is the promotion of an active participation of young people in European democratic life, as well as promoting the debate between young people and those responsible for political issues that affect them.
What kind of activities?
This action offers to the organizations opportunities to coordinate activities such as:
- National, transnational or international meetings and seminars that offer a space of information, debate and dialogue between the youth and policy responsible
- National, transnational or international meetings and seminars that prepare the terrain of the Conference of the youth.
- Acts promoting the debate and the information on themes of youth policy linked to the activities of the European week of youth.
- Consultation with young people in order to find out what their needs are in issues related to their participation in democratic life.
- Meetings, seminars, events or debates between young people and decision-makers and experts in democratic life participation.
- Acts that simulate the functioning of democratic institutions and the functions of decision-makers within these institutions.
Whom is it addressed to?
- Organizations wishing to request national or transnational meetings and having its headquarters in a programme country or partner country or which take part of a consortium of two different countries at least, among which one must be from a programme country.
- The young participants in the project must have between 13 and 30 years old and reside in one of the countries involved in the project.
Projects can last for between 3 and 24 months.
From EMC, we encourage all those who wish to submit some projects to contact us at email@example.com
Moreover, if you want to be informed on all the different calls from European programs financing projects related to the thematic of ERASMUS+ PROGRAM or any other kind of calls for education and good practices, you can subscribe your organization to European observatory and find the call that best fit with your organization or project.
Claire Annic – Trainee European funding consultant in EMC